Sunday, April 01, 2007

Conundrum

DG's birthday is coming. I have been trying to think of something to knit for him for quite a while. I've even asked what he'd like. Nothing has really struck me as exciting. As a knitter, I feel like I have to give a knitted gift, especially since teaching DG to knit (because he appreciates it so much). Plus, it's special, and he deserves something special.

I was going to start something tonight, and I've ordered some yarn for something else (in case I changed my mind about that first something). But I've just had a brainstorm and now I don't know what to knit.

Currently, I'm working on Isabella. I'm about four inches from finishing the back, so I don't want to set it down. (I did finish knitting Joseph's sweater, I just have to weave in the ends and graft the sleeves.) This brainstorm idea is something I'll have to design myself (with help from a pattern in the current IK and one in '04 Knitty), which will be fun. I'm thinking of using linen yarn.

So, do I go with a) the tried and true; b) small but nice; c) challenging and special? Hmm. I think I just answered my own question. I'm going with challenging and special, and I'm starting tonight.

I'll post pictures of Joseph's sweater after putting those finishing touches on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Challenging and special is always way more fun, if more nerve wracking.

Glad to see the Messenger Bag had a good repurpose! I love that look you're getting there. If you'd knit it for him, he'd probably disdain it. Maybe.

Naturally I clicked on the pic to read the book titles. Assassination Vacation! I forgot I had it.

Sorry I missed you on your SF weekend! Next time we'll get together I hope!

TK said...

I went challenging and special, though it turned out to be pretty easy.

I'm sure we'll get together next time. Hopefully, I'll be there for a long visit soon.