Monday, June 04, 2007

Even in My Dreams

Last night I dreamed that I was in a school when a fire alarm sounded. Before leaving the building, I grabbed my knitting (two circulars and a ball of yarn I was swatching, plus skeins in a different color) from my knitting bowl (which was, of course, on a table in the school's lobby). Someone asked why I was taking so much. I explained that I was swatching, but that I was really going to use the other yarn for the project.

Shows what's important, I guess.

Stef's socks are finished. They seem so big. I hope his feet really are this big. My math was off a little, so there's only a smidgen of negative ease in the foot (less than half an inch), so they will be loose, I'm sure. Maybe his feet will grow by the time it's cold enough to wear wool socks.

I did like using the Ultramerino 4 very much. Those Artyarns yarns are good and squishy, which is my favorite quality in a yarn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely got the important stuff, even in your dreams.

Pretty knits! And hopefully the first day is the start of a great new beginning.

Anonymous said...

I love Artyarns too. I have made socks for everyone in the family with it.

Caroline, the SockPixie