Monday, May 05, 2008

The Sweetest Smell

You know how in the springtime you catch a whiff of the most amazing scent, usually lilac, that just stops you in your tracks? This happened to me last week, but not much is blooming yet, so I was startled by the smell. It wasn't lilac, it wasn't a smell I've smelled. It was sagebrush. I was out walking and smelling and smiling at the smell. Incredible. All of Elko smelled so sweet that day. There have been moments, when the wind is right, since then, but that day smelled sweeter than any I've experienced.

The last couple weekends have been full of adventure. I went rock climbing for the first time yesterday. I enjoyed it very much. I was surprised that I wasn't scared. Rock climbing is more of a puzzle than a thrill, at least at the level I was climbing. I hope to get the chance to do more soon.

Knitting-wise I haven't done much. I made a slouchy hat from the Noro Matsuri I got in Seattle. I like it. I'll try wearing it, but the 13% wool might make my head itch. Since it's a slouchy hat and won't touch my skin directly, I might not notice the wool. It's a great hat, if I do say so myself.


I've made some progress on the Dollar and a Half sweater. I'm wishing I'd blocked my swatch. I'm worried that the arms are going to be too long. I think I might steam block them to get an indication of how much they'll grow. If the sweater is too big for my sister, I might just have to keep it. It's cute.

I'm also working on a secret project that should be finished and mailed in the next couple weeks. Here are some pictures of other secret projects that have finally made it to their recipients.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute stuff.

Yes, steam block your sleeves. Long sleeves are the bane of my existance.

Sagebrush, eh? Elko.

aimee said...

SAGEBRUSH!!!!! YAY!!!!!

how are your allergies?

TK said...

My allergies are fine, mostly. Much, much better than in Chicago. One point for Elko.

I did block one sleeve. I had one more inch to add. I'm ready to seam up and add the button band now, which means I have nothing to blog about. I'll post another as soon as I finish this sweater (or something that ends up distracting me in the meanwhile).