Friday, January 27, 2006

Good Thing I Have Friends with Cameras

Don't I have great friends? You'll notice that this picture is now in my profile. I cropped it, but otherwise it's a picture that Tony sent.

Knitting news: I have been working on mittens and a baby blanket. I have one inch finished on both. For the mittens, I'm using a yarn I bought over Thanksgiving in Royal Oak. It is Extra Stampato in black with bits of silvery white. I'm making up the pattern as I go. I've started with a 2x2 rib for a couple inches. Then I'll just follow a basic mitten pattern over stockinette. I made fingerless gloves without a pattern and I love them (oh, toasty hands at work, such a novelty), so I figure mittens are the same thing with a closed top. Easy.

The baby blanket is for my friend Joe and his new and upcoming family. It will have a border out of Lorna's Laces Sheperd Worsted in child's play and a body of yellow. I was going to do an embossed butterfly (from Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge) along the border, but I think I'll do a large butterfly in the middle instead.

I'm headed to Saginaw for a visit with Jen, Tony, and Joseph. Once again I am bringing no handmade gifts. I'm planning on making socks for Jen sometime soon. They'll be my first pair, but I don't know anyone who likes socks as much as Jen. Why she wears one inside out I will never understand.

2 comments:

aimee said...

omg!!! that is SUCH the perfect picture! i looooove it.

thanks again, so much, for yesterday. you are such a good friend.

Sarah said...

Tamara,

I also LOVE socks, so I'm feeling Jennifer. Although, I don't wear one of them inside out as Jennifer does:)

I can't wait to start knitting them. Someday.

Melanie sent me a link to your blog. Just wanted to drop in and say "Hello". I like your blog! Lots of knitting info:) yay.