Saturday, May 13, 2006

Funky Town

The good thing about being in a knitting funk? Well, because I don't have any project attached to my hands at all times, I have time to finish up a couple loose ends, if you will.

Last night I sewed buttons onto the orange sweater for Sue. Today, I stuffed Aunt Chris's pillow. It's a bit lumpy, but the shape of the pillow didn't allow for a pillow form. I wove in the ends of Dan's socks (I am sooooo lazy). Finally, I wove in the ends for the baby bolero. My sister is in town this weekend, so she'll take home the pillow and the orange sweater. I have finally completed my Christmas presents. Better get started for next year.

I'm working on the Mason-Dixon washcloth. I had this idea to finish it before my sister came to visit so I could present it with some nice soap and her towel. Yeah. I didn't even sweep the floor before she came. Now I'm just working on it for something to do. Maybe I'll save it for Christmas.

2 comments:

aimee said...

i never told you, but just found out last weekend: my teacher's wife's sister is one half of the mason-dixon thing!!! clif, who is someone i worked w/back in ny, moved to chicago last year to take a ft faculty position in book & paper, and run the grad program. he's AMAZING. his wife, mary neal, is also amazing, and she taught her sister to knit. she was telling me about the whole blog thing and now how they have a four-book contract. craziness.

TK said...

The book is both patterns and culture and other stuff. I won't be there Wednesday, or I'd bring it. Next week. Oh, no, I won't be there then, either. Looks like a reason to go to the bookstore (second only to yarn stores).