Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rainy Blahs Continue in Chicago

I was reading some other blogs today and it seems like I'm not the only one in the Knitting Doldrums. Maybe it's the rain? Maybe the promise of summer is too strong; I feel like I'm biding my time until it is sunny. But I knit always, so I don't care if it is warm or sunny. Give me some needles and a good natural fiber and I'm happy as a clam.

I'm working on Kate. I'm changing it to look like my tuxedo cat, and I'm adding a tail. It's for Joseph, since the first one didn't quite work out. Jen tells me that when she asks Joseph who lives in Chicago he sometimes says my name, but usually just says "Cats." He can then tell her the cats' names, even BAMA, who hid the entire time Joseph and his parents were visiting.

I made a quickie Mason-Dixon washcloth. Well, not so quickie, since my knitting funk meant I didn't know how to count. I had to cast on three times. I'll take pictures when the sun peeks out. It's the only way my camera phone takes pictures that look like something.

Oh, and if you live in or near Chicago and want to learn to sew or learn to reupholster stuff (or crochet, or knit), you should go to The Needleshop. She's got classes for gauchos, tunics, messenger bags, A-line skirts, and all sorts of very interesting things. The Needleshop is the only place to learn this stuff. Really. Not only does Rachel know her shit, but she's really fun and a good teacher, too. So sign up for classes NOW.

No comments: