I worked on the felted bowl last night. I finished the knitting and felted it some. I decided to add some towels and such (two birds with one stone and all), but I think there was too much in the machine. The bowl didn't agitate enough, is my guess. So I've got it in the washing machine alone as I type. I also used a smaller needle than the pattern suggested (15. I used 10.5, which is the recommended size for the Lamb's Pride Bulky--I don't own any circulars or dpns in 15), so I think it may already be too tight for felting. We'll see in 12 minutes. I'll take pictures tomorrow in the sunlight.
Basically, this pattern is the same as for making a hat, only you felt it and use it crown-side down. Maybe I'll send it to Jen, since she suggested I make it next. I hope she's got room for a red, felted bowl.