Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Changing the Rules


The beauty of making rules for yourself is that you have the power to alter them at will. I have cast on and ripped--after only one or two rows--for the tank in Adorable Knits three, count 'em, three times. So forget it. I'm not making it. I felt like I had to knit something for Joseph since I'd made so much for the new baby. I am not enamoured with the tank anyway. I just wanted something simple. I guess it's more difficult than I thought. 3x2 rib is not for me.

What to do about my rules, then? I said I wasn't going to buy new yarn until I finished all the things for the baby. I was including the tank in that, since it's going to the same family. I'm simply going to change the rules. Again. I have enough yarn for three more planned projects: the nightie, a blanket, and Cherry. I am going to try to use all of it before I buy more, but my rule is going to be that I have to make at least one more and another felted bowl (since I told Jen I'd send it to her). If I'm diligent I'll use the rest, too. If not, well, at least I'll have followed the rules.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

--Carrie

supertoki said...

everything looks great! i think your knitting funk has blown over my way.... can't seem to finish anything! anyway good job on anouk and the little baby shoes!

TK said...

Thanks. The Anouk was fun to make. What are you working on?

Sam said...

The Anouk looks fabulously cute. I am amazed at the speed with which you knit. See you soon!