Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Birthday Comes Early This Year

Yesterday I got a card from a friend I haven't seen in a long, long time. That was my first birthday wish. Then I got a birthday wish from Abigail, which was my first blog-related birthday wish. Then . . .


The above is yarn I wound today. How? Well, I got this in the mail today!


And this!

From Dan. What a guy.

Definitely two of the best gifts I have ever gotten (and I have some great friends who give great gifts). When I walked into my building there were two packages under the mailboxes. I said to Aimee (who was with me), "I hope they are for me. I'm sure they are not, but I hope they are." They were! From Knitting-Warehouse? Hm. What could it be? Then, "Could they be what I think they are? No. Are they from Dan? No. I bet they are. I can't believe he'd do this. No. Yeah, I bet they are." Aimee just kept saying, "They must be--open them," even though she had no idea what I thought they were. I opened the winder first, then the swift. Of course, I set them up and wound the cashmere/yak I got at Stitches. Dan said the 1200 yards of lace-weight yarn I hand-wound were what solidified his decision to get these marvelous tools for me. If he hadn't moved to New York, I'd show my appreciation for weeks on end. Instead, I get to be very happy winding the 600 yards of alpaca I got at Stitches Midwest. What a great start to my birthday!

7 comments:

just thinking said...

sounds incredibly boring ...

aimee said...

well, if you were there, you'd have seen how incredibly exciting it was. at least to tam. heehee. if she knew how, she'd post the video i took of her winding.

TK said...

I'll admit, winding 600 yards of yarn would be (somewhat) boring if I didn't have my very own swift and winder. I'm glad Aimee was there to witness the joy.

ilikeredbean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!!!!!! Sounds like a great start (winder and swift...... so jealous!).

Carrie K said...

Awesome birthday present!

Carrie K said...

And....

Happy Birthday!

Lynn said...

Oh Man! He is awesome. A very Happy Birthday! we should have treats on wednesday.... :)