Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This is what I (Should) Do

I will be away for a few days. I will be knitting, but only at night and in a hotel room in Kewanee, Illinois. I will be at the Midwest Folk Festival. I curated this festival and feel proud to have some world-renowned artists performing. I am also proud to present folk artists at this festival. Besides wishing that the rain and excessive heat stay away, at least until 4:00 on Sunday, my only hope is that all of the visitors to the festival make some connection with and learn something from an artist. Now if I could only figure out a way to make this a larger part of my job (that, or find a way to knit all the time), I would be satisfied--at least job-satisified.

I'm working on the Garterlac Dishcloth (see previous post). I had to rip out a bit because I made a square too many, but I'm having fun with it. I think I might take a sock pattern with me (what?) for some hotel room knitting. I might try toe-up. Any pattern recommendations? Might be too hot for wool, though. Maybe I'll start a tank for me. That'll be the day. I should just ask Jen what she'd like and make that. Perhaps a bag. Oh, I'll probably take sock yarn, yarn for a tank top, and yarn for a bag. I might even take some extra, just in case.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I wish we had the Midwest Folk Festival.

TK said...

Michigan has the Great Lakes Festival. It's put on by the excellent folklorists in Lansing. It's next weekend.

The festival was fantastic, by the way.

Carrie K said...

I hope your Festival goes fabulously!

Log Cabins! They're fun, they're reasonably mindless, they're sort of portable. Hmm. I forgot that they use at least 6 different balls of yarn.