I made lace. Two separate patterns, even. The first, the one on the bottom, is Serendipity from Knitting on the Edge. Yarn overs and k3togs on both sides. Of course, there's only twelve rows and seventy-four stitches so it wasn't too torturous. The second pattern is Winding Trail from Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. Even though it was a seven stitch repeat over twelve rows with purling on all wrong side rows, I had a harder time with it than Serendipity. I think I got too sure of my self with the easier pattern. I'd think I was in a rhythm and then realize that I added a yarn over where one didn't belong.
The biggest problem I had was with the yarn. I used Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk. It's a really lovely yarn and creates a thicker fabric than I expected. The silk strands kept snagging. I think it was the silk and not the Alpaca, though sometimes the long fibers of the Alpaca made getting into the P3tog stitches difficult. I used size five Options for this, but I think duller needles would have been worse. I don't think it was the needle as much as a quality I can't quite put my finger on. Like the silk was too slippery or something. None of the snags were serious. I probably shouldn't even call them snags. In the end, I still feel successful.