Saturday, January 19, 2008

Caucus

I thought I couldn't caucus today because I had problems registering to vote way back in November when I had the time. Turns out I could register today. It's quite an interesting process. Everyone stands in the corner of the candidate they are caucusing for. If there isn't a "viable majority" in a corner, those people can be wooed by the other candidates' corners. It's a very communal process. I'm glad I got to participate.

I also finished the Anastasia socks. They were fun. I have to mail them off to the friend they are for. With the Gathering on the horizon, I'm not sure she'll get them for a while.

I used Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks sport weight yarn in Kona. It was nice. Boy, that sport weight sure makes socks move fast. I liked it much. It didn't pool, but it did stripe in a nice way. It works well with the eyelet pattern of the sock.

Now that I'm on Ravelry, I have more chances to find interesting patters. I've started the Swiss Cheese Scarf. I'm using Louet Gems in a fine/sport weight, instead of the laceweight called for. I hope it isn't too drapey. I'm not sure who this will be for, but I wanted something interesting and simple for my next project. I don't think I'll be able to spend much mental energy on anything but Cowboy Poetry for the next couple weeks.

*Updated (2 hours later): I decided not to make the Swiss Cheese Scarf right now. I want to use that yarn for something else, I think. I also have a couple baby things I want to make. So, I'm starting a hat out of some stash Pima Tencel in green and brown.

4 comments:

aimee said...

Yay for caucusing! That's HILarious. It's like children's games or something...I'm glad you got to participate, too.

I'm probably way out of the loop, but are you on a site that has a wish list? Like, of all the yarn that you can't afford to buy anymore?

TK said...

Like I would fall for that. Besides, I just stored some yarn that had been hanging out, waiting to be knit, and the container I keep it in wouldn't close.

Caucusing was good. I'm not the happiest with the winner for the state, but I'm glad my body was counted.

Carrie K said...

Caucusing sounds like it was fun! I'm hoping I'm going to be happy with the winner of the country this time. It's been awhile.

The baby things sound like a better match for Cowboy Poetry Work Load.

Jennifer said...

I agree. Baby things are best for your current project load. I've been sticking with "mindless" projects myself with all the unit planning I've been engaged in.