Monday, February 11, 2008

Spring?

So who do I believe? Punxsutawney Phil or the robins hopping around the yard?

The Gathering is over. I think it went well. We had bad weather, but that made everyone seem friendlier. I guess they figured they were stuck in a good place. Here are a few photos. Remember that you can check out some of the shows on the Western Folklife Center website.

Adrian. Her voice gives me chills.

Oscar and Dylan, waiting their turn at the microphone.

Boots. Mine are the pretty reddish ones.


Kut, a group from Kyrgyzstan

Obviously, I didn't get much knitting done these last couple weeks. I had started a pair of Firestarter socks, but I ended up frustrated with the pattern and a little unhappy with my gauge. I ripped it. I am working on a something for someone. It should be finished soon--it's a little something. I want to start a sweater, so I ordered a lot of yarn I can't afford. I added to my stash of Eco Wool.


The yardage! Makes me swoon. I also think I can use this wool without too much trouble, even though I generally stay away from Peruvian Highland Wool. This doesn't feel as scratchy. In fact, I was hardly itchy during swatching. I think I'm going to make a sweater for Stef out of it. He's been asking for a sweater for some time now, and I'd like to make the EZ Seamless Hybrid. want to make a sweater for Dan, too, but I want to use Skye Tweed. I've only got eight balls. I don't think that will be enough. It's not even enough for a sweater for my sister, who wears extra small things. Speaking of, I ordered yarn to make the Dollar and a Half cardigan for her. I'm definitely itching to make a sweater.

On top of all that, I ordered some Misti Alpaca chunky to finish the Bas Relief hat I started way back before Christmas. I needed another skein of something to get the discount at Webs.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

The robins.

Wow, over already? I'll have to check out the links.

The Eco wool is such a pretty color!