Isabella is finished. I spent most of Saturday finishing it up. I ripped out one of the picot arm openings because I didn't like it, but I was still finished by Saturday night. I love it. But.
I'm disappointed with the neckline. The reason I was drawn to Isabella in the first place was the way the neck sloped up to the shoulder. Something must be missing from the pattern. It just didn't work out like that. My gauge was a little looser in the lace part, but not enough to make the panel grow that much. I even tacked down the edge to round it off, but it still leans upwards. I'm sad, but I'll still wear it.
I wanted to focus on Isabella so I could start a new pattern. Well. I rearranged my living room on Sunday, and in the process pulled out all my unfinished knits. I didn't realize there were so many (nine). Crumpets and a pair of socks are in progress and Joseph's sweater just needs to have the underarm holes grafted, so that leaves six items I've cast aside for one reason or another. Here's my plan: I'm going to finish all the projects that are knit with cotton yarn. That's five of the nine projects. The other four are wool or another animal fiber that can wait for air conditioning season.
Soon, I hope to have progress bars in the sidebar (HTML is foreign to me, so I have to spend some time understanding it first). The hardest part will be resisting the urge to start something new.
First up is a striped, stockinette wrap I used to keep at work. It got too big to take to lunch, so it's been sitting at home for nearly a year. Next will be finishing the sweater I started to design myself. I'll probably finish up Joseph's sweater when I'm done with Crumpets (which is my commute and lunchtime project) so I can mail them off. The socks I'll work on when I tire of purling. Everything on the cottons list is stockinette. Maybe that's why they were put on hold.
Update. It's been an hour. I've decided to frog the wrap. There's no point working on a wrap in stockinette. I don't have enough yarn left for a border. The yarn (Adrienne Vittadini's Miranda) is nice, and I think I'd like a tank from it. I started this in September, 2004 and will frog it in May, 2007 (I'll post the reason for waiting in a couple weeks). It's time to let go, I think.