Monday, April 30, 2007

Impulse

I had to go to DC this weekend, on somewhat short notice. As I was packing, I threw Crumpets in my bag for the plane ride. I had to leave very early in the morning. I didn't want to sleep on the plane so I knit. Part of the way through the two-hour flight, I finished the ball I was using. I didn't have another. I had only taken that project. Shoot.

When my friend Carrie picked me up, she suggested we head to a yarn store. She's the best. I bought some RYC Cashsoft DK, some Rowan Calmer, and a pair of 16" size 7 addis at Knit Happens. We also went to another place, but I don't remember the name. It had interesting yarns and very friendly staff.

Thank goodness I had a project for the plane ride home. I ended up reading (a book--The Accidental by Ali Smith, so far very good) most of the flight, but that RYC is so freakin' soft, I couldn't resist it entirely. I started a hat Saturday night for Dan because he requested one last time he was in town. The first hat I made for him has gotten some wear this winter and he wants a replacement with a few changes. I knit a little while reading in the airport, while sitting in the sun. It was a very pleasant wait.

Otherwise, I'm still working on the cotton projects. I finished one sock, but I want to work on Crumpets and my grey sweater a bit before I get back to it. I've been thinking about habits and knitting a little, so my next post may be less update, more musing.

2 comments:

sturdygirl said...

if the other store was near knit happens, you might have gone to springwater fiber arts. otherwise, if it was in dc, it was stitch dc - probably my fave LYS ever! glad you were able to get a yarn fix for your flight. :)

Anonymous said...

Musings are fun.

RYC? Must. Not. Look. For. Yarn. I. Will. Be. Unable. To. Resist......

Of course she's the best! With a fabulous name like that......