Thursday, February 21, 2008

Earthquakes

There were earthquakes here today. The first one was around 6:15 this morning and was a 6.0. Its center was about 60 miles from Elko. There were small ones all day, and a 4.2 at 4:00.

Knitting hasn't been so exciting. I finished the something for someone. I just need to weave in ends and add a ribbon. I also finished the Bas Relief hat. It was a fun pattern. It doesn't have a recipient, so it's going in my spare gift pile (newly formed with this hat).


I'm working on the Seamless Hybrid for my brother. His favorite sweater has a 48" chest. This may take a while. I meant to seam up the hem as I knit, but I got caught up in whatever I was watching while working on it and forgot to do it. Whoops. Now I'll have to seam 48 inches worth of hem. That was the reason I did a turned hem in the first place.

I'm going to Alaska on Saturday to work on a documentary about friends who are working on a mechanical ice sculpture in the Ice Alaska competition. I didn't make it to the competition last year, so I'm really excited to go. I don't think I'll be taking the body of Stef's sweater. I got some Vesper Sock Yarn in Sweet Water the other day (I couldn't resist--I've wanted some for so long).

It's really colorful. I ordered a kitchen scale so I can split the skein, but it hasn't come yet. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I might take other sock yarn. I bought some Happy Feet (so soft) and some Panda Wool while in Boise last weekend. I also have some Shibui waiting in the stash. Looks like socks are it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!where are you going in Alaska? Take knitting with you, as trasportation is slow(dogsled),
UJ ans I were there in 1989 and it was our best trip and I only have one continent to go. Take your warmest knits. It is a cold time to go to Alaska.
Love you, AM,UJ,and Babci

aimee said...

earthquakes! alaska! stay safe & warm. i've been alternating your socks since i got the flu.

Anonymous said...

That yarn is darling and so is your hat.

Glad to hear you're okay! Pretty big earthquake.